The world has changed drastically since the calendar turned 2020. Things that we once took for granted are now gone, and phrases such as “social distancing” and “coughing into your elbow’’ have become a normal part of the lexicon thanks to the rapid transmission of the coronavirus (COVID-19) around the globe. Tragically, as of this writing, 135 people in California have passed away from COVID-19, and (at least) 5,763 residents have tested positive for the virus. Sadly, those numbers are only likely to increase.
Although most California citizens have been asked to stay home temporarily to help prevent the spread of the virus, there are still many essential businesses up and running who have to deal with working while knowing the virus is seemingly everywhere around them. As such, it’s vital now more than ever before that companies keep their workspaces and clean and safe. For businesses that had to temporarily close, now is also a great time to have their space thoroughly cleaned; not only will everything look great for the return of workers and customers, but germs will be eradicated, if done properly.
With those things in mind, what should businesses do when cleaning their workspace during these crazy times? Here are a few tips to consider:
Commercial Cleaning Tips During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Each day, have air circulating, either by opening windows, blowing fans or some other mechanism.
- Clean and disinfect commonly used areas and touched items, such as door handles, offices, breakrooms, electronic equipment and other things that can be used in shared areas.
- Use the right equipment to wipe down surfaces, including cleaning the surface with soap and water before disinfecting; when using a disinfectant, be sure to follow the instructions from the manufacturer.
- Be sure to give carpets, rugs and other surfaces thorough cleanings.
- Increase the amount of “cleaning time” your workplace does daily.
- Have workers remove clutter from desks so they can be cleaned easily at the end of day.
- Keep plenty of hand sanitizer on hand and have plenty of hand washing stations available.
Consider Hiring a Professional Cleaning Service During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Perhaps the best way to ensure your business looks its best and germs and disease carrying agents are eradicated is to hire a professional cleaning service. Professional cleaning companies have special equipment that are designed to kill bacteria. Put simply, they have the tools and expertise to disinfect offices quickly and efficiently.
We’re all in these hard times together, and if you want peace of mind knowing your business has been properly cleaned, 5 Star Janitorial is here to help. We offer Corona COVID-19 commercial cleaning services in Ontario, CA. To learn more about how we can help, contact us at (909) 233-5135 or email us at email@example.com.